Find Houses for Rent in Cottonwood Heights, UT
Cottonwood Heights is a scenic city in northern Utah near Great Salt Lake. Cottonwood Heights is at the western foot of the Wasatch Range and just south of Salt Lake City, near West Jordan. Interstates 15, 215 and 80 are very close to Cottonwood Heights for easy access in nearly every direction, for everything from a daily commute to a winter vacation in Park City. Homes for rent in Cottonwood Heights spread out in neighborhoods near schools, parks and golf courses. Cottonwood Heights has been rated as one of the best places to live in the U.S. by CNN Money magazine.
Important Information for Renters to Know
- Although Cottonwood Heights is well-known now for the corporate offices for businesses such as JetBlue Airways and Overstock.com, the whole region used to be a large forest. Cottonwood Heights was the area where settlers from Salt Lake City would get their lumber.
- There's also been significant amounts of gold, silver and lead found below Cottonwood Heights in addition to the lumber. The mines are now mostly closed because they've been thoroughly mined.
- Cottonwood Heights is still called "Butler" by many people in reference to its former name. The area was once settled by six Butler brothers who were loggers.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Cottonwood-Holladay Journal is the regional newspaper that covers Cottonwood Heights as well as several other communities in the area. It's a great resource whether online or in print.
- Cottonwood Heights' children are covered by the Canyons School District. The district was created in 2007 to better fit the growing cities and towns of Cottonwood Heights, Sandy, Draper, Midvale and Alta.
Cottonwood Heights' official website gives families a one-stop website for everything city-related. It features local news, community events, departmental information and public records.