78 Houses for Rent in Dumfries, Virginia
Number of Bedrooms
Dumfries House Options
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Dumfries, VA
Dumfries is a major historical center along the Potomac River in eastern Virginia. Located at the edge of Prince William County, this place has played a significant part in the shaping of the United States. Today, it serves as a popular location for government workers to find homes for rent, as it's just outside the Washington, D.C., limits. What's more, this region has remained a small community throughout its past, making it appealing to families.
Things Dumfries Renters Need to Know
- Dumfries is located 20 miles south of Washington, D.C. This makes it a major jumping-off point for political residents and commuters.
- The town is situated at the head of Quantico Creek and still has many oceanfront properties. This adds to its scenic charm.
- There are dozens of historical homes and cemeteries around Dumfries. Creating a better understanding of how the nation came to be has helped make this a great place for bringing children and raising families.
Top Resources for Dumfries Renters
- The Town of Dumfries has an official website with an amazing wealth of insights about different events and points of interest around the region. There are business updates, government insights, guides for visitors and information for residents all available through this page.
- Historic Dumfries Online provides a great depth of insight into how the town came to be. There are resources to get more education about where Dumfries came from and its impact on the rest of the nation. It also generates exciting ideas on how to enjoy vacations.
More Fun Things to Do Near Dumfries Rentals
The Henderson House is a period house in Dumfries that offers insight into the beginnings of American military and civil history. This facility is part of the Historic Dumfries community and offers tours and workshops for all residents.