Explore Houses for Rent in Pell City, AL
Located across the Coosa River from Talladega, Ala., homes for rent in fast-growing Pell City offer proximity to numerous attractions. Known as "The Gateway to Logan Martin Lake," much of Pell City borders the water, offering a scenic backdrop for renters of all types.
Things to Know About Pell City
- There's lots of shopping to be done in the commercial districts that line U.S. 23 and are just north of Interstate 20, which connects Atlanta and Birmingham.
- Pell City is the seat of St. Clair County and is its largest city.
- The city was an important railroad junction in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and it was named after the prominent Pell family in New York City, who owned the East & West Railroad.
- Jefferson State Community College, founded in 2005 and located in the city, caters to renters looking to continue their higher education.
4 Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Pell City has its own free mobile app for residents to take advantage of, which can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store. It's got info on local attractions, services and recreation. It also features a useful calendar of events and an issue-reporting system.
- The Pell City School System is made up of elementary, middle and high schools that are dedicated to providing local students with comfortable learning environments designed to foster their success. The website has all kinds of information that's helpful to students and their parents.
- The Pell City Chamber of Commerce has all kinds of must-have links for new renters to explore on its website, like a business directory, event calendar, information about local clubs and even weather updates.
- For all other inquiries, check out Pell City's official website, filled with maps, information, updates and links to important city resources, like the Public Library and Center for Education and Performing Arts.