Discover Houses for Rent in Northport, AL
Located outside of Tuscaloosa, the city of Northport is situated along the Black Warrior River in the western region of Alabama. Homes for rent in the area have exactly what families want when looking to move to the state.
Fun Facts About Northport for New Residents
- The Kentuck Festival of the Arts is held every year in Northport. Acclaimed folk artists, both national and international, provide interactive demonstrations of their work and there are free art-making tents for kids around the park.
- Historic Downtown Northport has art galleries, shops and museums for visitors of all ages to enjoy. Many of the store managers in the area are descendants of the business' original owners.
- The Northport Heritage Museum is next to the community center and details the city's history from its settlement in 1816 to the modern era.
Important Resources for New Northport Renters
- The Kentuck Art Center engages the community in the value of arts and crafts with studios for artists to rent. It hires volunteers from the city year-round to join and contribute to the success of the organization.
- The Northport Police Department serves and protects the community with professional law enforcement officers who eliminate conditions that may result in crime. It seeks to enhance the quality of life in the city through coordination with citizens.
- Education in Northport is managed by the Tuscaloosa County School System. It aims to provide the educational needs of all students and believes that learning takes place in multiple environments, not just inside the classroom.
What to Do in Northport
Whether residents travel the short distance into the hub of Tuscaloosa or relax quietly in the tranquility of the local parks, Northport is a great city with a lot to offer its citizens - both current and future.