Discover Houses for Rent in Albany, CA
Albany is a city found directly alongside San Francisco Bay. The city is close to Berkeley, an urban location notable for its heavy role in the 1960's counter-culture, and El Centro. Families searching for homes for rent should consider living in Albany, given the vast and diverse opportunities to be found in the city. A resident can head over to the Golden Gate Fields, a famous Albany location. It has gained recognition for both its horse races and vibrant location. A prospective Albany renter will also find a family-friendly atmosphere exuded from the city. This is on display in the Albany Bowl, a bowling alley in the city, perfect for family gatherings. Residents will find a number of malls and restaurants - an excellent reward for hardworking families and renters.
Interesting Facts About Albany
- The Native American tribe called Costanoans inhabited the area around Albany in its early history.
- The Spanish divided the partitioned the land of contemporary Berkeley and Albany. They used the area for cattle ranching, a development that was prevalent among Spanish settlers in California.
- The gold rush brought numerous people to California in search of their fortunes. Albany was renowned for its dynamite production, capitalizing on the need for explosive devices to uncover hidden gold.
- The notorious San Francisco fire and earthquake of 1906 had a significant impact on life in Albany.
Resources for Renters
- The city's expansive website will help a potential renter garner indispensable information on life in the area. The site has pages on city government, various city departments, services and information pertaining to the history of Albany. Residents and families trying to discern if Albany is right for them should visit the website to find out.
- Albany Unified School District has a website that will help parents discover the best educational paths for their children.