Discover Houses for Rent in Brentwood, CA
Brentwood is a city located near Antioch and Oakley. This places a resident east of San Francisco, giving those looking for homes for rent access to numerous careers and amenities. Residents living in Brentwood can go to many recreational areas, such as Heron Park and King Park. Renters can also attend to their shopping needs by exploring the Brentwood Shopping Center. The city is a fun and welcoming place for renters looking for a new place to live.
Historical Facts About Brentwood
- The early history of the area around Brentwood featured Spanish exploration and roaming Native American tribes.
- Brentwood was founded in 1878. The development of the city was spurred on by the installation of San Pablo & Tulare Railroad.
- The contemporary achievements of the city include an emphasis on an agrarian ethic. Staple crops include corn, apricots, plums and cherries.
- In the late 1800s, Brentwood served as an essential shipping node for grain between San Francisco and New Orleans.
- William Henry Harrison, a former president of the U.S., once stopped briefly in Brentwood, giving a small speech.
Resources for Renters
- Brentwood's chamber of commerce has a website ideal for prospective renters. It provides information on job postings, events, the community and how to become a member, among many other helpful pages. It has a section labeled "Resources" that will bring a user to information regarding starting a business and economic development in the city.
- Brentwood's website offers residents vast access to resources in the city. It has relevant information pertaining to boards and commissions, the city council and city departments. It also has broader information under a page titled "General Information." This will help a renter learn about matters such as city events and demographics.
- Parents can visit the website for Brentwood Union School District to elicit information about education in the city.