Find Beautiful Homes for Rent in Oakley, CA
Oakley is a small and glittering city in northern California. Located 5 miles from Antioch, home of the Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve, and roughly an hour's drive from San Francisco and all the big city has to offer, Oakley has recently been declared one of America's top Cities on the Edge of Greatness by Sperling's Best Places . Homes for rent in the Oakley community offer access to quality schools, a blossoming local economy and abundant outdoor recreation opportunities.
Interesting Facts about Oakley
- Oakley is one of the youngest cities in the state of California. Incorporated in 1999, the city is about 16 square miles.
- Lisa Joann Thompson, dancer, choreographer, actress and star of "In Living Color," "Motown Live" and "Fame L.A.," lived in Oakley and attended Liberty High School in nearby Brentwood.
- Oakley is part of the East Contra Costa Bicycle Plan, a comprehensive transportation program designed to provide eco-friendly alternatives to single-occupancy vehicles. The project has developed bike paths and infrastructure across the Bay Area, promoting bicycle use for weekend trips and daily commuting.
- Local class sizes are small, with less than a 20:1 student/teacher ratio in local schools.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- The city of Oakley's official website offers more information on local demographics, attractions and city legislation.
- The site for the Oakley Union Elementary School District has school schedules, school location information and details on summer camps and after-school programs for residents.
- For a list of local and nearby attractions and things to do in Oakley, the city's recreation guide is available from the division of Parks and Recreation.
- Starting a business? The city webpage's New Business Guide is a wealth of information on starting or finding a new local business in Oakley.