Discover Houses for Rent in Capitola, CA
Capitola is located along the Soquel Cove near Santa Cruz and Scotts Valley. Homes for rent in Capitola provide a resident with a number of amenities and services, such as the Cabrillo Highway and New Brighton Beach State Park, where renters can explore leisure opportunities. There are also many options for shopping and dining while living in the city. Brown Ranch Marketplace, Kings Plaza Shopping Center, Capitola Mall and Gayle's Bakery & Rosticceria are merely a few examples of the innumerable locations a new renter can explore while living in Capitola.
Historical Facts About Capitola
- Members of the Soquel Native American tribe were some of the earliest inhabitants of Capitola.
- Santa Cruz County was developed in 1850. At this time, German immigrant Frederick Hihn purchased the land of contemporary Capitola from the Castros, a family that had used the area as a ranch during the Mexican Era.
- After the development of Santa Cruz County, the area of modern Capitola became an essential shipping point called "Soquel Landing." Early settlers seized upon logging and agriculture industries that helped build up the city.
- The early years of Capitola also saw settlers take advantage of the city's ideal geographic location, as some individuals established a fishing colony.
- Capitola's location brought many vacationers over the years, a development that was catalyzed by the improvement of transportation and communication throughout California.
Resources for Renters
- The city's website will provide potential renters with information on city government and community, among others. These broad topic pages on the website are further splintered into detailed subject areas that display a holistic approach to issues in the city. For example, the community page includes sections on art and cultural events and parking maps and info.
- Parents with young ones should visit the website for Soquel Union Elementary School District.