Discover Houses for Rent in Castroville, CA
Castroville is located in Monterey County. The community is near Watsonville and Salinas. Families searching for homes for rent will find a vibrant community. Castroville is a small area, but it has many stellar locations. Renters can eat at Central Texan BBQ. Residents can explore leisure opportunities at Peoples Park, Crane Street Park and Cato Phillips Park. People can have their vehicles fixed at Castroville Auto Repair. Castroville also has areas where children can learn to play sports. The North County Sports Complex at Japanese School is a good place for parents to play games with their children. Castroville also has a family friendly ethic. Religious renters can worship at Our Lady of Refuge Catholic Church, North County Christian Center and Shine Community Church.
Intriguing Information About Castroville
- The community is known as the "Artichoke Center of the World." The city has an annual festival celebrating the vegetable. A significant number of the U.S.' artichokes are produced in Castroville.
- Castroville is one of the oldest towns in Monterey County. It was founded in 1863 by Juan Bautista Castro.
- Castroville developed from what was initially a Mexican land grant.
- North Monterey County High School in Castroville has a famous marching band that traveled to Italy and China, and played for former President Bill Clinton at his second Inaugural Parade.
Resources for Renters
- The website for the Castroville Artichoke Festival provides updates on the event and related information about the vegetable.
- The North Monterey Chamber of Commerce can help renters learn about upcoming events, the board of directors and the chamber's newsletter.
- Residents can visit Monterey County's website to find information about the county's government, services, background information and local businesses. The site has a many pieces of information. Other links include pet adoption and military and veterans services.