Find Houses for Rent in Manteca, CA
Manteca is a suburban community south of Stockton and north of Modesto. East of the Bay Area, Manteca is in a great location for car travel with interstates 5, 205 and 580 nearby. Route 99 also runs through the city. Homes for rent in Manteca are conveniently close to a variety of shopping areas in the city, including the Manteca Shopping Center. Manteca also features a number of schools, parks, restaurants and the Doctors Hospital of Manteca - residents are close to whatever they need.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Manteca is a new and fresh community. Although there have been residents in the area for many years, it's only recently that people who have no relation to agriculture have moved in. The rich soil and location of the town made the area nearly exclusively farmers until after WWII.
- The town was originally set to be referred to as "Cowell Station," however, this name was already in use, so the town chose "Monteca" instead. After the new name was chosen, the railroad printed a ticket with the improperly spelled "Manteca." The name was never changed and the error stuck. Manteca means "lard" in Spanish.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The city of Manteca official website is an excellent tool for every family in town. With municipal notices, a community events calendar, parks and recreation information, and city contact information, this site can help get families in touch with whatever they need from the city.
- Manteca's schools are run by the Manteca Unified School District, which features traditional public schools as well as a wide array of other programs, such as adult education courses.
- The Manteca Bulletin is the local newspaper for the city. It also covers the events, news, sports and entertainment of Ripon, Lathrop, Weston Ranch and French Camp.