Find Houses for Rent in Darien, CT
Darien is situated on the Long Island Sound, roughly 10 minutes away from both Stamford and Norwalk. Renters seeking a place to live with water-side vistas and plenty of nearby attractions may find what they are looking for in a home for rent in Darien.
Darien Historical Facts
- The settlement of Darien was in full swing around 1700, when residents began clearing the way for roads by deforesting sites in the area.
- Darien was incorporated as a town in 1820 after becoming Middlesex Parish in 1737 and belonging to the community of Stamford in years prior.
- Piamikin, the chief of the Roatons, sold settlers a piece of land that ran between Five Mile River and Pine Brook for a bit of tobacco and four coats.
- By 1744, a meetinghouse was constructed, after the Middlesex Ecclesiastical Society was founded in 1737.
Practical Tools for Darien Renters
- Information about living in Darien along with assistance navigating government affairs and services can be found at the Town of Darien municipal website.
- The website of Darien Public Schools hosts pages to help parents explore the academic options available in Darien.
- At the Darien Chamber of Commerce website, renters can access business resources and learn about upcoming events.
Darien Recreational Activities
There are numerous beaches and parks near Darien rentals. On the south side of town, Weed Beach Park offers renters the chance to swim in the waters of the Long Island Sound or engage in a variety of other activities. For instance, the park is equipped with a fitness trail, tennis courts, playgrounds for kids, paddle tennis courts and picnic areas. Woodland Park, on the other hand, lies inland in the western portion of Darien and provides 64.7 acres of grounds for visitors to roam, an archaic stonewall and two trail systems. To experience an array of live performances, renters can head over to Stamford and stop by the Stamford Center for the Arts.