232 Houses for Rent in Stamford, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Stamford House Options
Find Houses for Rent in Stamford, CT
Stamford, a coastal city in southwest Connecticut, is the third-largest city in the state and home to a number of prominent businesses. Near Norwalk and Greenwich, Stamford is on Interstate 95 and just an hour north of New York City. Homes for rent in Stamford are great for people working at any of the large businesses in the city, like The Royal Bank of Scotland or Charter Communications, who want a quick commute. But aside from the city's strong economy, families who rent in Stamford don't need to associate with the business-centric areas. There are plenty of neighborhoods with a focus on culture, arts, education and great food.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Families should check out downtown Stamford. Whether it's the French Market farmers market, summer Jazz concerts, the Artwalk or just the fun dining and retail options, there's always something going on in downtown Stamford.
- Stamford was originally called "Rippowam" when settlers first came to the area. Because of its location on the ocean near New York, New Haven and Boston, Stamford was an important commercial area in the Colonial days as well as modern times.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Stamford Public Schools are available to any residents in the city. Because of the size of the city, there are dozens of schools, including three high schools.
- Stamford's website is a great tool for residents, with everything from tax paying to finding a great park to spend the day at.
- Many Stamford residents get their news from the Stamford Advocate, which reports on local events, entertainment and sports.
Live in Stamford
Stamford is a great city for families on the East Coast. It has a lot to offer with a strong business sector, great transit with rail and Amtrak, lots of restaurants, several universities and parks along the ocean.