133 Houses for Rent in New Haven, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
New Haven House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in New Haven, CT
New Haven, one of the largest cities in Connecticut and home of Yale University, is located approximately 15 minutes from Milford to the west and Hamden to the north. A plethora of entertainment attractions are available near homes for rent in New Haven, making it an appealing city for families and students alike.
New Haven Historical Facts
- The first mayor of New Haven, which was incorporated as a city in 1784, was Roger Sherman. Sherman was a signatory of the Declaration of Independence.
- Col. William Goffe and Col. Edward Whalley, signers of the warrant for the death of King Charles I of England, hid in New Haven when Charles II pursued them to avenge the regicide.
- New Haven was co-capital with Hartford by 1701, though it lost this distinction in 1873.
Practical New Haven Tools
- The City of New Haven official website contains resources to help renters navigate the government and community affairs of the municipality.
- Information about economic development, regional amenities and local events can be found at the website of the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce.
- Parents and students can familiarize themselves with the educational options available in New Haven at the New Haven Public Schools website.
Ways to Play in New Haven
A number of theaters dot the streets around New Haven rentals, with venues such as the Long Wharf Theatre and the Schubert Theatre hosting regular musical performances. The Yale University Art Gallery, on the other hand, presents art works in other media, including paint and stone. The museum hosts exhibits including Asian art, American paintings and drawings, photographs and ancient art. At the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, visitors can check out the Hall of Mammalian Evolution and the Hall of Native American Cultures. There are also numerous dining options in New Haven at restaurants such as Kasbah Garden Cafe, which serves Middle Eastern food in a Moroccan style.