Discover Houses for Rent in Manchester, CT
If you're looking to live the easy New England lifestyle, Manchester, Conn., may be just the ticket. This quiet, small town is located just outside of Hartford and contains many homes for rent that are popular both with growing families and young professionals who are passionate about their community. Manchester is renowned for its easy walkability, beautiful scenery, varied housing styles, award-winning school system and inclusive residents who welcome newcomers into the local scene. Though it's right in the backyard of the state's capital city, Manchester is proud to have its own thriving industries, prominent downtown and numerous shopping districts and industrial parks.
3 Fun Facts for Manchester Families
- Manchester has more than 1,000 acres of protected land that allow the town to stay green and pretty.
- Located halfway between Boston and New York City with easy access to interstates 384 and 84, Manchester is situated in a very central place.
- Manchester originated as part of Hartford when the city was founded in 1673, but developed into its own municipality in 1823.
Top Resources for Manchester Renters
- Hartford's Twitter page contains information and updates that are beneficial for Manchester residents as well.
- Seeking "Pride in Excellence," Manchester Public Schools offer a well-rounded education. Parents can stay up-to-date on school happenings on the MPS website.
- Manchester's website has a website for residents with numerous links that can help answer many of your questions.
Top Attractions Near Manchester Rental Homes
- If you like being outdoors, check out Wickham Park, the Hockanum River Hiking Trails and the East Coast Greenway trails.
- For those who are more artistic, the Manchester Art Association, Manchester Musical Players performances and Manchester Symphony Orchestra & Chorale are tops.
- Museum buffs can visit the Old Manchester Museum, Lutz Children's Museum, Manchester Historical Society and Fire Museum.