140 Houses for Rent in West Hartford, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
West Hartford House Options
Find Houses for Rent in West Hartford, CT
West Hartford is aptly named and borders the state capital to the east. Unlike the urban Hartford, West Hartford is a large suburban community with Interstate 84 and Route 44 running through the town. Homes for rent in West Hartford are perfect for parents looking to live within 10 minutes of work without raising their children in the city. West Hartford has been ranked as a great place to live and raise a family by several magazines, including CNN Money and Kiplinger's Personal Finance. Despite its proximity to a northeast urban hub, West Hartford was an agricultural area up through the early 1900s. It's retained that natural beauty and now has a strong community as well.
Important Information for Future Renters
- West Hartford was part of the city of Hartford until 1854, but it was far from a clean break. Residents first asked for independence in 1792 following the Revolutionary War, but were denied. After West Hartford became its own town, Hartford tried to annex the region in 1895 and again in 1923.
- Today, West Hartford offers residents a diverse and historical experience. There are sites like the Mark Twain House and Museum that commemorate the past, as well as new local and culturally significant stores that show the modernity of West Hartford.
Helpful Links for Residents
- If you're looking for anything from the phone number for the public works department to a permit for burning leaves, go to the West Hartford website for links and information.
- The West Hartford Public Schools are well-known as some of the strongest in the area.
- The West Hartford News has been serving the area since 1931, but now, in addition to paper copies, residents can read about local events on the Web.
Live in West Hartford
Great schools, a perfect location, a unique community and tons of history make West Hartford a well-rounded town that's perfect for renters looking for a new home.