166 Houses for Rent in Bridgeport, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Bridgeport House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Bridgeport, CT
Bridgeport is located on the Long Island Sound, an estuary straddling the border between Connecticut and New York, just a half-hour's drive from Stamford. In addition to scenic waterside vistas, the city also hosts a robust selection of cultural amenities. Homes for rent in Bridgeport can be a fantastic option for those looking for an exciting urban experience in close proximity to the sea.
Interesting Things Bridgeport Renters Should Know
- The Bridgeport area was originally settled in 1659 and once called the township of Stratford its home.
- Bridgeport's access to water made the city a site favorable to shipbuilding, manufacturing and mercantile endeavors.
- More residents live in Bridgeport than in any other city in Connecticut.
- Bridgeport was chartered in 1836 and began transitioning into an industrial center in 1840, following the opening of a railroad in the city. Before the railroad, Bridgeport was a haven for whaling.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Bridgeport
- Getting around Bridgeport via public transportation can be made easier by visiting the Greater Bridgeport Transit website.
- The City of Bridgeport's official website provides useful links to assist both visitors and residents of the city.
- For information about local businesses and events, renters can check out the website of the Bridgeport Area Chamber of Commerce.
Recreational Activities in Bridgeport
One of the go-to attractions in Bridgeport is Seaside Park. Circus founder P.T. Barnum had a hand in developing the waterside park, which covers 325 acres and is equipped with a cycling path and sports fields. Bridgeport is also home to multiple cultural hotspots, such as the community-based art gallery City Lights and the Housatonic Museum of Art, which features exhibits of works from the 18th through the 20th century. Live musical performances, on the other hand, may be seen at the Downtown Cabaret Theatre. Bridgeport also has its own professional baseball team, the Bridgeport Bluefish, which plays at the Ballpark at Harbor Yard.