3,382 Houses For Rent in Punta Gorda, FL
Number of Bedrooms
Punta Gorda House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Punta Gorda, FL
The city of Punta Gorda is the seat of Charlotte County. Homes for rent in Punta Gorda place families in close proximity to Port Charlotte and North Port. These cities are separated by the Charlotte Harbor, which offers a number of opportunities such as locations like the Fishermen's Village, The Captain's Table, Peace River Wildlife Center and more.
Interesting Facts About Punta Gorda
- Punta Gorda was founded in 1884 by Col.Isaac Trabue. He developed 30 acres of land that was found on the southern area of Charlotte Harbor.
- Punta Gorda was originally known as the Town of Trabue. The name changed to Punta Gorda in 1887. Roughly translated, the name means "Fat Point."
- The city served as a central port for the shipment of cattle to Cuba in the late 1800s.
- Fish like channel bass, Spanish mackerel and mullet were also a prominent staple in the economy of Punta Gorda.
- The early 1900s were a time of significant development in Punta Gorda. The Punta Gorda Women's Club, Smith Arcade, Charlotte High School and City Hall were merely a few of the buildings constructed in this period.
- The city was incorporated in 1900.
Resources for Renters
- Punta Gorda's website has what it refers to as "Need to Know" pages. These include ebills and automatic payments, emergency preparedness and water notices. The site also demonstrates the mix of options available for renters in the city, with a page called "Leisure." This further splits into pages on arts and culture, boating, festivals, the historic district of the city, tours and a number of others.
- Charlotte County School District's website has many pages that will promote education about the district for both parents and students. Some of these pages are "Community" and "Schools."