Discover Houses for Rent in Melbourne, FL
Melbourne, a large and populous Florida city, is part of Brevard County. The city neighbors Palm Bay and Satellite Beach on the east coast of Florida. An appealing aspect of Melbourne, especially for families searching for homes for rent, is the city's wide range of amenities and cultured locations, such as Kreation's Florist & Gifts, Melbourne Shopping Center, Melbourne Military Memorial Park, Liberty Bell Memorial Museum and a number of others.
Interesting Facts About Melbourne
- Melbourne was founded in 1969 after the merger of Melbourne and Eau Gallie. Prior to this establishment, the two communities served as prominent examples of the increased settlement taking place in the U.S. in the 1800s.
- The Indian River Lagoon, which is located by Melbourne, was the force behind many settlers coming to the area. These settlers capitalized on the fertile soil by the river as well as the opportunities for trade the river afforded.
- The railroad first came to Melbourne in the late 1800s, shifting the focus of trade from the lagoon to the railroad.
- Melbourne Naval Air Station was used in the area in the 1940s for the purposes of training both navy and marine pilots.
Resources for Renters
- The city's official website provides renters with a deluge of detailed pages on life in the city. This includes an informative history, showing the evolution of life in Melbourne. Public safety, utilities and the city council are pragmatic pages that serve the needs of residents. The site also has information about recreation services, resource links, a current description of what the city is like, the city's code and a page on economic development.
Melbourne Regional Chamber of East Central Florida's website has information explicitly for residents of the city interested in business.