Discover Houses for Rent in DeLand, FL
DeLand is a beautiful and exciting city located just east of the St. Johns River. Homes for rent in the area are surrounded by natural lakes and parks, making DeLand the perfect place of residence for those who enjoy the outdoors. The city is also less than a half-hour from the coast and ideally located near two of Florida's major highways.
Top 3 Things DeLand Renters Should Know
- Florida's oldest private college, Stetson University, is located in DeLand, which lends the city a distinct student buzz. Stetson has been a pioneer throughout history within the Florida collegiate system, as it produced the state's first regular university paper and was the first private school to practice integration.
- DeLand is a certified MainStreet community. Local residents have formed a special non profit organization dedicated to preserving the rich history of the area while simultaneously advancing it to the 21st century.
- DeLand is less than 25 miles from Daytona Beach and about 40 miles from Orlando.
Key Resources for DeLand Renters
- DeLand has plenty of educational opportunities for renters with families. The city is served by the Volusia County School District, and offers one high school, two middle schools and six elementary schools.
- The St. Johns River Water Management District Web page has useful information for renters looking to stay abreast of water conservation news.
Fun Things to Do Around DeLand
DeLand residents who enjoy the great outdoors rave about the Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge. The huge preserve covers nearly 22,000 acres and contains a wealth of animal and plant species available for observation. Arts lovers will appreciate the historical Athens Theatre, which still hosts regular performances. If you don't want to sit through a performance, simply go to admire the theater's facade. Golfers can spend the day at the picturesque Victoria Hills Golf Club, which boasts a stunning 18-hole course and a restaurant to boot.