Discover Great Houses for Rent in Edgewater, FL
The ocean side city of Edgewater is located in Volusia County. The community neighbors New Smyrna Beach and Titusville and is just an hour outside of Orlando. Edgewater is home to a number of companies in the boating industry, as well as construction and garment businesses. Homes for rent in the city are within an hour of several higher education institutions and shopping centers.
Facts for Renters
- Edgewater was first settled in the 1800s by John Hawks. The community was called Hawks Park until 1924, when it was renamed by the Florida Legislature.
- The ParkTowne Industrial Center, located in the city, is the largest industrial park in the county. It covers more than 300 acres and hosts many manufacturing and distribution companies.
- The city hosts a monthly "EdgeFest" in Hawk's Park to benefit a local charity. There are games and movies for the kids, as well as a number of food trucks and live performances.
- Nature lovers can visit the Indian River or Mosquito Lagoon in Edgewater to see a variety of birds, fish, dolphins and other wildlife.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The City of Edgewater official website provides information on all aspects of the community. The site hosts a calendar of local events, a blog with the latest city news, details on city departments, contact information for officials and more.
- Children living in Edgewater attend schools in the Volusia School District. There are a number of elementary, intermediate and high schools in the county, in addition to several charter schools.
- The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports on breaking news in Edgewater and the surrounding communities. The newspaper is the go-to source for entertainment, sports and business news, as well as obituaries.