Discover Beautiful Houses for Rent in Englewood, FL
Englewood is a census-designated place in Charlotte and Sarasota counties. The unincorporated community is a few miles north of Boca Grande and west of North Port. The area has a variety of schools and a small shopping district. Homes for rent in Englewood are close to a number of beautiful beaches, parks and popular restaurants.
Facts for Future Renters
- Englewood was established in 1896 as a "grove town" that would grow lemons. However, the first few winters in the area were harsh and the small trees were killed. The founding brothers decided to promote the area as a resort instead.
- The community's most popular destination is Englewood Beach. The shoreline is a destination for both visitors and residents and features a boardwalk, playground, bathrooms and changing facilities.
- The Lemon Bay Park and Nature Center and the Cedar Point Environmental Park offer lots of recreational activities for families. There's canoeing, kayaking and fishing, as well as nature trails.
- Englewood is located a few miles from Rotunda West, another unincorporated community that's known for its unusual layout. Buildings in the area were planned to create a perfect circle, the outside of which is lined with canals.
Useful Resources for Renters
- For information on the history of Englewood, area businesses and community events, visit the Englewood Chamber of Commerce. The chamber website provides valuable information on starting a business or moving into the community.
- The Herald Tribune reports on the latest community, business and sports news in Englewood and the surrounding area.
- Families in Englewood send their children to Sarasota County Schools. There are three elementary schools, a middle school and a high school in the community.