Discover Houses for Rent in North Port, FL
North Port is a city that's part of Sarasota County. North Point is situated along Florida's west coast near a variety of prominent locations, like Venice. Homes for rent in North Port offer residents a sprawling urban landscape with spots such as Heron Creek Golf & Country Club, North Port Public Library, Chaang Thai Express, Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County - North Port and more.
Facts About North Port
- North Port was officially incorporated into Florida in 1959.
- The city was first known as North Port Charlotte.
- North Port has 95 miles of freshwater canals. This correlates with thriving wildlife in the city.
- The Gulf of Mexico exerts an influence on the city, contributing to a temperate climate.
- North Port is the only Florida city with a state forest, the Myakka State Forest.
- The city's rapid population growth since the 1980s has made North Port a popular location.
- Fishing, horseback riding and canoeing are recreation options residents of North Port can explore.
Resources for Renters
- The City of North Port's website has multiple pages, like "About North Port." This provides maps on the area, a photo album, project updates, contact information for the city, a citizen bill of rights, North Port Newsroom and a City of North Port history book. There's information on the economy of North Port on the site as well, including the MicroEnterprise Program, business resources and an Economic Development Strategic Plan, among other resources. "Playing" is a comprehensive page on leisure in the city, including parks, arts and entertainment, and movies. Current news and upcoming events are also available for renters.
Sarasota County Schools' website is an educational resource for parents in North Port, with helpful pages regarding students and parents, employees, community, schools and maps.