Seek Out the Right Houses for Rent in Fellsmere, FL
Plenty of people search for homes for rent in small, warm and welcoming communities located in areas that are close to the beach and have a close proximity to larger cities but provide residents with a quiet place to lay their heads. These individuals might meet their match in Fellsmere, Florida. It's a small, cozy city that's only about 20 miles from Vero Beach, is relatively close to the Atlantic coast and is chock-full of welcoming people who embrace their neighbors.
Fun Facts about Fellsmere
- Fellsmere was incorporated by the Florida State Assembly on April 29, 1915. It was the first city to be incorporated in Indian River County, which was then called St. Lucie County. The next city - Sebastian - didn't achieve this until 1925.
- Residents can map the original layout of the city - it was one square mile and the streets going north to south were named after trees, while the avenues running from east to west were give the names of states.
- Fellsmere was the first city below the Mason-Dixon Line to give women the right to vote before the 19th Amendment passed. The city voted unanimously to given women unrestricted suffrage in March of 1916.
Important Resources for Renters
- Individuals, no matter how long they've been in Fellsmere, might be interested in the Public Works Department. This body covers everything from the water department to parks and public land.
- The Recreation Department takes care of the numerous parks in Fellsmere - like the Senior League Park that lies on 8.5 acres or the 86-acre Fellsmere Preserve.
- Individuals in the city should consult with the Fellsmere Police Department if they want to make a citizen request, learn more about crime prevention and look for jobs.