Find Houses for Rent in Milton, FL
Milton is located about a half-hour away from Pensacola and on the banks of the Blackwater River. With multiple museums and parks in town and a waterside metropolis nearby, homes for rent in Milton are an appealing choice for many families and singles.
Interesting Milton Facts
- The history of Milton began in the first decades of the 1800s. At that time, settlers arrived and established themselves on the river's shores.
- Incorporated in 1844, Milton has been around longer than most cities in Florida.
- A number of fires struck Milton in the late 1800s and early 1900s that devastated its commercial areas. The blaze of 1909 left nearly every building within a couple of blocks of the river in shambles.
- The timber industry thrived in and around Milton after railroads came to the city in the 1880s.
Helpful Milton Tools
- To get a view of economic and government activity in the city, renters can check out the City of Milton municipal website.
- Living and doing business in Milton and other nearby areas are made easy by visiting the website of the Santa Rosa County Chamber of Commerce.
- The Santa Rosa County School District website provides online academic resources to parents with children attending public schools.
Recreational Activities in Milton
Several parks line the streets near Milton rentals. For instance, Carpenter's Park has wildlife observation areas, playground equipment and water access, while Russell Harbor Landing offers a boat ramp, trails and 13 picnic areas. The West Florida Railroad Museum is also located in Milton and allows visitors to view a number of old railcars, such as Frisco Caboose 1102 and L&N Dining Car 2722. A short ride away, in Pensacola, renters can experience live music at the Vinyl Music Hall or grab some beer and bar food at Hopjacks Pizza Kitchen & Taproom.