Discover Houses for Rent in Mount Dora, FL
Mount Dora is a historic city that rests alongside the nearly 5,000-acre Lake Dora. The city has a distinctly Victorian feel due to a number of early 20th-century buildings still standing on Mount Dora's streets. Homes for rent in the neighborhood are located in the midst of a scenic and artsy area, and are just 35 miles northwest of Orlando.
4 Things Mount Dora Renters Should Know
- Mount Dora sits on a plateau 184 feet above sea level, hence its name. The majority of cities in Central Florida are close to sea level, making Mount Dora a rarity in the region.
- The city of Mount Dora was first settled in 1883, making it relatively old for Florida. The huge lake and fertile grounds initially attracted farmers and boaters.
- Mount Dora is known for its specialty and antique shops, which feature unique wares unlikely to be found anywhere else.
- The city is known as "The New England of the South"
Key Resources for Mount Dora Renters
- The official Mount Dora Web page has useful information regarding town services, history, events and more.
- Mount Dora is part of Lake County and is serviced by its school district. Parents looking to enroll their children in local schools should check out the Lake County Schools Web page to get a sense of what their education options are.
Things to Do in the Mount Dora Area
Get in touch with Mount Dora's history by visiting the Donnelly House, the Lakeside Inn and the Old Mount Dora Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Station, all of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. If you love the paranormal, the Mount Dora Ghost Walk is a must around Halloween. Victorian characters guide participants through the area's most haunted sites while sharing their spooky histories.