Discover Nice Houses for Rent in Eustis, FL
Eustis, also known as "America's hometown," is located in central Florida, 30 miles north of Orlando. Lake Eustis is the center of the community, which is part of Lake County. The city is a family-friendly place to live with an emphasis on arts, culture and history. There are a number of historic places in Eustis, including the Woman's Club of Eustis and the Clifford House. Homes for rent in the area are a great place for families, especially those who enjoy water sports.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- The city is named after Col. Abraham Eustis, a leader in the U.S. Army in the 1800s. The first settlers arrived in 1875, and the first railway was built in 1880. Before trains had access to the area, residents used steamboats to travel up the St. Johns River to Sanford and Jacksonville.
- Since the beginning of the 20th century, boating on Lake Eustis has been a popular leisure activity for residents. Families also go sailing and fishing on the lake.
- Eustis has been home to a number of notable people, including professional football player Joe Burnett and Relient K guitarist Jon Schneck.
- Each year the city hosts an "Amazing Race for Charity" based on the reality television show. Participants race to complete 20 challenges over the course of 5 miles. All proceeds raised are donated to a local charity.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The city website has valuable information for residents. There are lists of upcoming events, city projects and recent announcements, as well as contact information for city officials and departments.
- The Eustis Chamber of Commerce is a great resource for new residents. Its website contains job postings, local business listings and information about the community.