Discover Houses for Rent in Wilmington, MA
Wilmington, Mass., is a thriving town with many charming homes for rent. Located just 17 miles from Boston, Wilmington offers residents an opportunity to live the easygoing suburban New England lifestyle in close proximity to big-city excitement. This town was founded in 1730 and has a rich history that residents are very proud of, and they try to honor the past with historic buildings and events. In the area, Wilmington is known to be a prosperous, family-friendly community with neighbors who find importance in the little things in life.
Quick Facts for Wilmington Renters
- Wilmington has a claim to fame as the home to the United States' oldest operating railroad - The Boston and Lowell Railroad - which has been open since 1835.
- Within the city limits you'll find industrial parks, commercial districts and residential neighborhoods, which make this suburban town an interesting place to live.
- Wilmington is surrounded by other great towns like Reading, Billerica and Tewksbury.
- From Wilmington it's easy to take Interstate-93 and state routes 38, 62, 125 and 129 to make your way around the Greater Boston area.
Key Resources for Wilmington Families
- Two Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority lines service Wilmington. Look for their stops and schedules on the MBTA website.
- Wilmington Public Schools offer a top-notch education. Parents can stay up to date on school happenings on the WPS website.
- The Wilmington Police have a Twitter page that's updated with both fun and helpful information and news for local residents.
Things to Do in and Around Wilmington
- To connect with Wilmington's past, check out the Col. Joshua Harnden Tavern. This landmark used to be a stop on the Underground Railroad and now stands as a museum.
- Family-oriented events in town include Summer Concerts on the Common, a week-long 4th of July celebration and a Holiday Tree-Lighting Ceremony.