Discover the perfect House for rent in Bordentown, NJ
Located about 6 miles south of Trenton, N.J., and 30 miles northeast of Philadelphia, the charming community of Bordentown, N.J., is as picturesque as it is conveniently located. Bordentown boasts a quaint downtown district laden with locally owned shops and historic charm, and its nearly 4,000 residents enjoy a bucolic lifestyle that's all but extinct in more modern suburbs. Homes for rent in Bordentown harken back to simpler times, and renters will love becoming a part of this community-centric little city.
Historic aspects of Bordentown
- Incorporated in 1852, Bordentown is a great option for renters who love vintage charm.
- The city's historic center is based along a traditional city grid, offering the opportunity to spend a day walking and shopping downtown. The area's old brick buildings, streetlight thruways and mom-and-pop establishments keep the community's character intact.
- If you prefer a life in the country, greater Bordentown Township offers sprawling neighborhoods that mimic the rural lifestyle.
Commuting tips for renters
- If you need to commute to Philadelphia, plan for a 50-minute drive in little to no traffic.
- Looking to head into the Big Apple? If there's no traffic, you're looking at an hour-and-15-minute drive.
- Those working in Trenton only have a 15-minute drive to contend with.
- Although Bordentown is proximal to many larger cities, renters may not have to commute at all. In fact, the city's population increases by a whopping 700 percent on workdays due to inbound commuters.
Best parks in Bordentown
In addition to its historic charm and great location, Bordentown offers many family-friendly amenities.
- Northern Community Park is located on Groveville Road.
- Charles Bossert Park sits between Charles Bossert Drive and Eaton Road.
- Veterans Memorial Park, which also houses the Joseph Lawrence Recreational Facility, is located along Ward Avenue.