Find Authentic Houses for Rent in Maplewood, NJ
Located in New Jersey's epic Essex County and not far from the central hub of Newark, Maplewood is a gorgeous and historic township with just as much character as anywhere else in the state. There are plenty of homes for rent in this relaxing town, and residents are treated to countless performing arts and entertainment opportunities without ever having to leave Maplewood's borders.
Things to Know About Maplewood
- Maplewood has a rich history that traces its roots all the way back to pre-European settlements, while it remains a quaint environment that's perfect for families.
- Maplewoodstock is a concert held around the Fourth of July every year, while there are several performance venues within the town's borders.
- One of the town's biggest claims to fame was its involvement in the creation of Ultimate Frisbee, which was reportedly created in Maplewood in the late 1960s.
- Zach Braff, writer and director of "Garden State," which just so happened to be one of the most quintessentially New Jersey movies in history, hails from Maplewood.
Resources for Prospective Maplewood Renters
- More information about public services and amenities can be accessed through the Township of Maplewood government website.
- News about goings-on in the community can be found through Maplewood Online, which is a Web-based publication that's been serving the town since 1997.
- Renters who are moving to the town with children might want to learn more about education in the area through the School District of South Orange and Maplewood website.
What to Do in Maplewood
Depending on the season, residents are treated to robust public events, while restaurants, bars and shops are open year-round. The main commercial hub of Newark is only a 15-minute drive north, so renters who need to go out for an exciting night in the big city will have no trouble doing so when the desire arises.