Find Houses for Rent in New Milford, NJ
An idyllic small town in northern New Jersey, New Milford offers residents a peaceful environment in close proximity to the bustling metropolises of New York City and Newark. With several dynamic recreation areas for families with young children and a variety of shopping options for adults young and old, New Milford provides great amenities for those looking for a home for rent in the area.
Thinking About a New Milford Rental? Consider These 3 Facts
- The New Milford School District serves students from kindergarten through 12th grade. The town is also home to the Hovnanian School, which reflects the area's Armenian heritage by teaching Armenian language and culture to students up through the eighth grade.
- The town offers a bevy of transportation options, including bus service to Manhattan's Port Authority Terminal and the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal, and commuter rail service to New Jersey. It's also less than an hour's drive to the Newark International Airport.
- New Milford's rich history is evident in its architecture, much of which is preserved by the Bergen County Historical Society.
Great Resources for New Milford Renters
- The New Milford Patch maintains a community website that keeps residents up to speed on the latest news and events, as well as a Twitter page that engages directly with the digital denizens of New Milford and New Jersey.
- New Milford's town website posts important information, generates news alerts and publicizes a variety of creative community outreach programs.
What to Do in and Around New Milford
There are several gorgeous parks in the area, including Van Saun Park, which offers nature trails, picnic areas and a petting zoo, and Warren Park, which boasts special playgrounds designed for older and younger kids. Eclectic dining and shopping options are also available in the surrounding area, and it doesn't hurt to remember that Newark and the Big Apple aren't too far away for a quick weekend getaway.