Discover Your Next House for Rent in East Amherst, NY
East Amherst, N.Y., has long been the recipient of awards that seek to find the best communities in the country - it was once honored as one of the best places to live in America by CNNMoney Magazine, and Buffalo Business First named it the most affluent community in Western New York. Homes for rent in this area get all the advantages of this hamlet's excellent schools and beautiful, convenient location.
Key Facts East Amherst Renters Should Know
- The history of East Amherst lies in the railroad - it was originally known as "Transit Station," named for a stop on New York Central's old "Peanut Line." East Amherst stuck once residences started popping up on the hamlet's former farmland.
- East Amherst is only a half-hour's commute from Buffalo. Bus service to the city is available through the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority in nearby Amherst.
- Students in East Amherst attend the Williamsville Central School District schools from kindergarten through grade 12. It's one of the top public school systems in New York. The University of Buffalo also has a campus in Amherst.
Great Resources for Renters in East Amherst
- Want to get to know East Amherst and the surrounding community? Amherst's official website has a ton of information about news, events and community development in East Amherst.
- The Amherst Times and the Buffalo News are two local news outlets that provide news coverage relevant to residents in the East Amherst hamlet and the larger Buffalo region.
What to Do in and Around East Amherst
The local scenery is one of East Amherst's best attributes. Nearby recreation areas include the 80-acre Amherst State Park, which has picnic areas and hiking trails. The world-renowned Niagara Falls and Lake Erie are also a short drive away. Amherst has a number of cool shops, local eateries and great community events, including parades and festivals.