Find Houses for Rent in Eastchester, NY
A vibrant community and a deep sense of its history have long been hallmarks of Eastchester, N.Y., located a short distance north of New York City. Homes for rent in Eastchester come with all the benefits of a peaceful suburban community and the advantages of easy city access, making the town a good place to balance work and life.
Quick Facts for Renters in Eastchester
- Eastchester is located in Westchester County - don't get confused! It contains two villages within its borders - Bronxville and Tuckahoe.
- Eastchester boasts a variety of historical buildings, including the one-room Marble Schoolhouse, built in 1835. It was also home to several significant historical figures, including President John Adams and Aaron Burr, the third vice president of the United States and winner of a famous duel with Alexander Hamilton.
- Students in kindergarten through grade 12 are served by the stellar Eastchester School District. A bevy of top institutions of higher learning are located near the town, including Sarah Lawrence College, Iona College, Concordia College and Manhattan College.
- Getting to and from New York City is a breeze - the Metro North Railroad has a stop right in Eastchester.
Excellent Resources for the Eastchester Renter
- Eastchester's town website is well laid out and provides information on the community as well as a helpful links section.
- The Bronxville-Eastchester Patch is a great place to get to know your fellow residents, whether it's through perusing local news stories or communicating via discussion boards. Prefer social media? It has a regularly updated Facebook page.
Things to Do in and Around Eastchester
Since Manhattan is less than an hour away, day trips and nights out to world-renowned places such as Times Square, Broadway, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Yankee Stadium offer endless delight. Closer to home, recreation areas such as the Twin Lakes County Park and shopping meccas such as the Vernon Hills Shopping Center offer something for every resident.