Discover Houses for Rent in New Rochelle, NY
Are you thinking about finding a home for rent in New Rochelle, N.Y.? This quaint city has a picturesque Main Street and lies on 9.3 miles of Long Island Sound waterfront. Each neighborhood in New Rochelle has its own unique vibe, giving this lovely Westchester County community a touch of character that some of its suburban counterparts lack.
5 Interesting Facts About New Rochelle
- New Rochelle was first settled in 1689 by a small group of French Protestant refugees called Huguenots.
- New Rochelle is the seventh largest city in New York state.
- The city has a nationally recognized and award-winning public school system.
- New Rochelle is home to Sound Shore Medical Center, which is the largest private teaching hospital in Westchester County.
- In New Rochelle, you'll find the largest designated Historic District in Westchester.
Helpful Resources for Renters in New Rochelle
- To visit other areas of New York from New Rochelle, book a train ticket through Amtrak.
- Thinking about having a picnic in Flowers Park? Check the weather forecast first.
- To navigate your way through New Rochelle's thriving downtown area, take a look at the city's Downtown Business District website.
- If you want to learn about New Rochelle's government or need to pay a parking ticket, you'll need to check out the city's official website.
Things to Do in and Around New Rochelle
New Rochelle's ideal location in Westchester County provides renters with plenty to do and see. Check out the Museum of Arts and Culture or spend a day curled up at the New Rochelle Public Library. Residents also like to spend time outdoors exploring the city's 19 parks, five lakes and three nature areas. For an evening of culture, catch a production of the New Rochelle Opera Company.