Discover Houses for Rent in Tuckahoe, NY
The Village of Tuckahoe lies on the eastern side of Bronx River Parkway just north of Manhattan. Its central location between the Big Apple and White Plains makes it a great place to find a home for rent. Tuckahoe has a strong history of community pride and volunteerism - it has active neighborhood associations and committees, and holds numerous special events for its residents.
5 Things Renters Should Know About Tuckahoe
- Tuckahoe covers less than 1 square mile.
- The Village of Tuckahoe owes its formation to the discovery of white marble in its soil in the 1800s.
- Tuckahoe was incorporated as a village in 1903.
- Tuckahoe is considered to be a part of the Town of Eastchester.
- Many residents are members of families who have lived in Tuckahoe for generations.
Helpful Resources for Tuckahoe Renters
- If you need to look up the trolley schedule or want to find out about upcoming community events, be sure to visit the official website of the Village of Tuckahoe.
- Are you planning to raise children in Tuckahoe? The official website of the Tuckahoe Union Free School District can be a helpful resource.
- Before you walk over to Parkway Oval Park, you'll want to take a look at the weather forecast.
Things to Do in and Around Tuckahoe
Renters in Tuckahoe are actively involved in the community center, check out books from the Tuckahoe Public Library and head over to Siwanoy Country Club to hit a few golf balls. Because the village is located east of Yonkers, residents also have access to all that city has to offer, including ample dining options. The Vernon Hills Shopping Center is also located just north of Tuckahoe, in Scarsdale.