Find Your Next House for Rent in Bronxville, NY
A leafy, enchanting suburb located just 15 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Bronxville homes for rent have long been favorites of New York City professionals who want to raise their families away from the noise and congestion of the city. Beautiful parks, historic buildings and an excellent education system make this village a stellar place to live and play.
Interesting Facts for Renters in Bronxville
- Bronxville is in Westchester County. It experienced accelerated growth when the train connected the county with Manhattan, and in the early 1900s, it was home to an arts colony responsible for many of the beautifully and creatively designed houses in the village.
- Students in kindergarten through 12th grade are served by the Bronxville Union Free School District, which is routinely ranked as one of the best public school systems in the country. Liberal arts school Concordia College is also located in Bronxville.
- It's about a 30-minute commute at peak hours from Bronxville to Manhattan, made easy by the Harlem line of the Metro-North Railroad, which stops in the village.
Fantastic Resources for Renters in Bronxville
- Bronxville residents are passionate about their community. There are a number of excellent village websites, including the Bronxville Daily Voice and the Bronxville-Eastchester Patch, which provide news, events, opinion pages and discussion forums for residents to get to know one another.
- The official village website is a good place to learn more about the village government and the civic services available in Bronxville.
Things to Do in and Around Bronxville
There are around 100 stores in the main shopping district of Bronxville, located along Pondfield Road. Although there are a few chain stores, most of the shops are independent, making every shopping excursion a unique and local business-friendly experience. There are also more than 70 acres of parks in the village, including the Reservation, the oldest park in Westchester, which offers walking, biking and running trails as well as an impressive array of plant species.