254 Houses for Rent in Mount Vernon, New York
Number of Bedrooms
Mount Vernon House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Mount Vernon, NY
Mount Vernon, N.Y., lies just 14 miles northeast of New York City on the banks of the Bronx River, and the result is a curious intermingling of the urban and suburban. The City of Mount Vernon spans just 4.4 square miles, but its convenient location makes it a popular place for people who work in New York City to find a home for rent.
3 Interesting Facts About Mount Vernon
- Many famous people have called Mount Vernon home over the years, including Dick Clark, Denzel Washington, E.B. White, Sidney Poitier, Floyd Patterson and Sean "P. Diddy" Combs.
- Mount Vernon was the first city in New York state to elect a black mayor.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, Mount Vernon was named after President George Washington's home in Virginia.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Mount Vernon
- An hour-long train ride on the New Haven line will take you from Mount Vernon all the way to Midtown Manhattan. Map your trip on the Metropolitan Transit Authority website.
- Planning a picnic in Willson's Woods Park? Take a look at the weather forecast before leaving for the day.
- If you have children, you'll want to check out the Mount Vernon City School District.
- Whether you need to obtain a parking permit or are interested in looking up property tax rates in the city, the official website of the City of Mount Vernon is an incredibly helpful resource.
Things to Do in and Around Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon's proximity to New York City gives its residents plenty of things to do. Take a day trip to Pelham Bay Park on Long Island Sound or browse any number of historical sites in the area - Saint Paul's Church National Historic Site is quite popular. The Bronx Zoo is just a short train ride away, as are all of the activities and amenities to be found in NYC.