Find Houses for Rent in Scarsdale, NY
Scarsdale, N.Y., lies just 22 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, making it a popular place for NYC commuters to live with their families. If you secure a home for rent in this 6.64-square-mile town, you may find yourself living near the rich and famous, as many residents have for generations. With an abundance of Tudor- and colonial-style homes, Scarsdale is a beautiful place to live.
What Scarsdale Renters Should Know
- As a New York City suburb, real estate in Scarsdale is highly coveted - particularly in the neighborhoods of Fox Meadow and Greenacres, which are close to the train station.
- Notable Scarsdale residents have included Judy Garland, Liza Minnelli and Yoko Ono.
- The school system is considered to be among the best in the country. In fact, students who attend Scarsdale Public Schools score, on average, 100 points higher on the SATs than the rest of the nation.
- Scarsdale has five neighborhoods, and each has an elementary school that bears its name.
- The Metropolitan Transit Authority runs a train from Scarsdale to Manhattan, making transportation into the city a cinch.
Top Resources for Scarsdale Renters
- Planning to enroll your child in Scarsdale Public Schools? Peruse the school district's official website.
- If you need to look something up in the village code or are curious about recent news in Scarsdale, check out the town's official website.
- Before spending the day in Saxon Woods Park, take a look at the weather forecast.
Things to Do in and Around Scarsdale
Scarsdale has an open-air complex with four swimming pools, and children can also participate in numerous sports through the Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department. Adult residents enjoy visiting stores in the city's downtown area, or spending the day in Chase Park. Fenway Golf Club is also a popular spot.