Find Beautiful Houses for Rent in Cape Carteret, NC
Located on the southern coast of North Carolina, Cape Carteret is an ideal location for those looking for homes for rent. The town, which is just two minutes from Bogue and six minutes from Peletier, is a fantastic spot for families who want to enjoy the quiet life while still staying active.
Fun Facts for Renters
- Cape Carteret is a relatively new town - it was incorporated in June 1959.
- The founder was a go-getter. Not only did William McLean create the town on property he bought, but he also dredged a channel and bought car ferries so residents could easily get to the western part of Emerald Isle.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- To keep up with the news around town, renters should check out the local newspaper, the Town Crier. It's a great resource for those who want to discover fun activities and hear the latest announcements from town leaders.
- The Parks and Recreation Department is a good resource if individuals living in the area want to find fun activities. The department takes care of the various waterfront parks in the town, as well as a children's park and the Mantee Street boat ramp.
- To find out information about leaf pickup, stormwater control, trash collection and other important town resources, renters may want to consult with Public Works.
Things to Do in Cape Carteret
- New residents to the seaside town who don't yet know how to swim can take lessons at the Cape Carteret Aquatic & Wellness Center.
- Cape Carteret plays host to Crystal Coast Con, a large sci-fi and gaming convention featuring celebrity guests, themed food and drink, costume contests and other exciting events.
- The town sponsors a yearly Halloween bash for people of all ages. There are various costume contests, games, face painting stations and more.