354 Houses for Rent in Lebanon, Ohio
Number of Bedrooms
Lebanon House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Houses for Rent in Lebanon, OH
Lebanon is a lovely community located in Warren County. It's approximately 45 minutes from the city of Cincinnati. Homes for rent allow families to learn a few fun facts about the area by visiting the Warren County Historical Society Museum, take a ride with the Bella Balloons Hot Air Balloon Co. or enjoy a round of golf at the Shaker Run Golf Club.
Facts for Renters
- Lebanon was first settled right after the Revolutionary War. Some of the first cabins in the town popped up around the 1790s. A little more than a decade later, the main streets of the city were being laid out.
- By 1805, the city had its first courthouse and jail. A few years later, the local newspaper The Western Star was created by John McLean.
- To this day, the area is still known for the effects that the Shakers had. Their community was called Union Village in Lebanon and still has some interest to visitors because of the Shaker culture and their buildings.
- In 1855, the city created the Southwestern Normal School, which was lauded nationwide for its innovative teaching tactics that were copied throughout the U.S. By 1917, the school had developed into a university that had approximately 80,000 graduates.
- The city still has many businesses that reference its historical roots, such as the Jam and Jelly Lady and the LM&M Railroad, which allows families to take an hour train ride around the city.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about this historical city by visiting the Lebanon website.
- Find out when parent teacher conferences are, how to get involved on the school committee or when school holidays are by checking out the Lebanon City Schools website.
- Figure out what's going on with current events or breaking news in the city by reading the website for the local publication Today's Pulse.