Discover Houses for Rent in Mckeesport, PA
Mckeesport is considered part of the greater Pittsburgh Metro Area, which means many of its residents commute to the larger metro for work. Situated between the Monongahela and Youghiogheny rivers, the city is the second largest metro in Allegheny County. Homes for rent in the Tube City come in a wide range of styles and can be located in the downtown area or farther out in a more suburban looking part of the city.
Key Facts About Mckeesport
- Despite being located at the convergence of the Monongahela and Youghiogheny rivers, Mckeesport is easily accessible by Route 30, Interstate 376 and a few smaller roads for those traveling to and from Pittsburgh.
- Residents with children can send their kids to one of the fine institutions that are part of the Mckeesport Area School District, which includes the Twin Rivers Primary School, Twin Rivers Intermediate School, Francis McClure Primary School, Francis McClure Intermediate School, Founders' Hall, Mckeesport Area High School and Mckeesport Area Technology Center.
- The major employer in the city used to be National Tube Works, which is where the metro received its nickname.
Important Resources for Mckeesport Renters
- Residents who want to stay aware of local events happening in the community can visit the official Mckeesport website. The resource also features a column from the mayor, City Council Meeting Minutes and contact information for city officials and departments.
- For a wider look into the history of the region and what's happening in the area, visitors and locals can check out the official Allegheny County website. The easy-to-navigate site contains a wide variety of useful information.
What to Do in and Around Mckeesport
Mckeesport is a small city, which means there are more than a few locally owned businesses in the area as well as national brands. Residents and visitors can dine, shop and peruse the local area and all it offers.