Discover Houses for Rent in East Providence, RI
The vibrant metro of East Providence is a great place for families who wish to enjoy the amenities that come with city life. East Providence is located across Providence Harbor from downtown Providence. Homes for rent may even have a view of the harbor or city skyline. The city is situated just off Route 6, and residents have the ability to walk to many of the neighborhood stores and dining establishments in the area or can easily take a quick drive to other parts of the city to experience other venues.
Key Facts About East Providence
- East Providence used to be part of Rehoboth and then Seekonk until it was made its own independent Rhode Island town in 1862. The city of East Providence was one of the first settlements of Roger Williams, the founder of the state. Williams established the town in 1636.
- Residents of the city can send their kids to one of the institutions that are included in the East Providence School District, which includes eight elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school.
- Meredith Vieira, an American journalist and television personality who's most well-known for her work on "The View," was born in East Providence.
Informational Resources for East Providence
- The official city of East Providence website is a primary resource for visitors and residents because it offers contact information for pertinent services and departments in the area, a list of tourism sites and a calendar of events.
- The Providence Journal covers news about East Providence and the surrounding area. The digital edition is updated throughout the day to give readers real-time information.
What to Do in and Around East Providence
Residents can often be found enjoying the East Bay Bikepath during the warmer months for exercise and scenic adventures. Otherwise, many enjoy the variety of dining and shopping that's found within the city.