Discover Houses for Rent in Providence Forge, VA
The unincorporated community of Providence Forge, Va., is located in New Kent County and is an ideal spot for families looking for homes for rent. The community is close to major metropolitan areas but still offers a peaceful small community feel and an abundance of recreational opportunities.
6 Facts for Renters About Providence Forge
- About 66 percent of New Kent County, where Providence Forge is located, is covered in pine and hardwood trees.
- New Kent County was established in 1654 and is currently governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors.
- Providence Forge was one of the earliest settlements, and New Kent County's roads that lead from Richmond to Williamsburg are among the oldest in the United States.
- There are two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school in the New Kent County School District.
- Providence Forge is mostly on flat land with some rolling hills.
- The Richmond International Airport is nearby - a 10-minute drive from New Kent County. Petersburg, Va., which offers a multitude of economic and job opportunities, is located within an hour's drive of Providence Forge. The state capital of Richmond is even closer, just 25 miles from Providence Forge.
Key Resources for Providence Forge Renters
- Renters can find out more information on the school system at the district's website.
- New Kent County's official website also offers information on local community services and events.
Things to Do in Providence Forge
- Providence Forge is home to various golf courses, including the Royal New Ken, Tradition Golf Club and The Golf Club at Brickshire.
- Not far from Providence Forge is the Colonial Downs Horse Racing track located within New Kent County. Warner's Sport Horses, which offers horse riding and jumping classes, is also near Providence Forge in Charles City.
- New Kent County offers many nature trails for hikers, as well as fishing and hunting opportunities.