Search Houses for Rent in Alexandria, AL
Those looking for the small-town life may want to take a look at some of the quaint and lovely homes for rent in Alexandria. Rather than a town, the community of Alexandria is considered an unincorporated census-designated place - but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot to offer. The community is a part of historical Calhoun County, and is just a short drive from the county's largest city, Anniston. Those who settle here can take advantage of the peace, quiet and affordable living, knowing they're just a leap away from city convenience.
5 Interesting Facts About Alexandria
- Alexandria and its neighboring towns played a dual role in the U.S. Civil War.
- Thomas Hart Benton and John C. Calhoun were among the community's most prominent legislators and leaders. Benton sided with the Union, while Calhoun favored secession and became a leading advocate for the Confederacy within the community.
- Despite its unincorporated status, Alexandria boasts its own school system that includes Alexandria Elementary School (grades K-6) and Alexandria High School (grades 6-12).
- Alexandria is also a fast-growing community, and local business is on the rise. Shops and restaurants may be found along the major routes including US 431 and State Route 144, and new businesses open with regularity.
- Alexandria is the hometown of famous NFL cornerback T.J. Heath, a player for the Cleveland Browns.
Useful Resources for Renters in Alexandria
- Those interested in finding out more about Alexandria High School's academic offerings and rich athletic community can head to the school website.
- Individuals looking for employment can visit the area's Jobs & Employment Center, which can be accessed online.
- Information on permits, taxes and other municipal services can be found at the county website.