Find Great Houses for Rent in Decatur, AL
Decatur is a small city on the banks of the Tennessee River, just southwest of Huntsville. The large waterfront community is close to interstates 65 and 565 for quick and easy access to a variety of neighboring communities. But despite Decatur's convenient location and booming industries, the city still has plenty of green space and residential neighborhoods great for families looking to live in a home for rent. Decatur features the shopping, dining and manufacturing businesses of a large city, as well as the schools, parks and community values of a small town.
Fun Facts About Decatur for Future Renters
- Burningtree Country Club, Decatur Golf and Country Club and Cedar Ridge Golf Course give residents a wide range of courses to chose from for an outdoor golf experience.
- With plenty of parks, like Point Mallard Park, Wilson-Morgan Park, Malone Park and Aquadome Park, there's something for everyone in the family to do, whether it's keeping active, enjoying nature or playing on the playground.
- Cook's Natural Science Museum gives kids and nature enthusiasts a free, interactive learning experience with a variety of natural and animal artifacts.
- Decatur hosts a variety of festivals featuring music, wildlife and hot air balloons as well as Civil War reenactments.
Important Resources for Residents
- The Decatur Department of Public Safety helps residents stay safe and protected, whether it's the police or fire department.
- Decatur's city schools give the children and adults of the city an opportunity to learn at superior academic institutions, from the local elementary school to John C. Calhoun Community College.
- The city government serves Decatur's diverse population, helping residents excel in this unique community.
Living on the Banks of the Tennessee
Whether you're boating down Garth Slough or having a picnic at one of the many parks, Decatur offers families looking to rent a fun and welcoming experience.