Find Houses for Rent in Harvest, AL
This small town located east of Athens has homes for rent that families will love. With Capshaw Mountain as a backdrop, Harvest is a quiet and wonderful area to make permanent camp.
Fun Facts About Harvest for New Residents
- Nearby Monte Sano State Park outside of Huntsville is an awesome destination for families that want an outdoor adventure. It offers many attractions, such as camping grounds and cabins that you can rent for affordable rates.
- The Old Railroad Bed Trail runs along one of the nation's oldest rail corridors and is among the first rail-to-trail conversions to be built. Found within Madison County, fresh springs and valley views can take your breath away on this mountain hike.
- One of the area's best attractions, the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archive in Athens shares the stories of Alabama locals who served in times of both war and peace.
Notable Resources for People New to Harvest
- For folks looking to work on their green thumb, the Harvest Feed Mill has a wide variety of agricultural and gardening supplies. In business for more than 50 years, it also provides local delivery options for residents and stocks animal food for family pets.
Harvest Elementary School works collaboratively with the community and its staff to promote academic excellence in a positive and encouraging environment.
- The neighboring town of Athens boasts two public libraries, the Athens-Limestone Public Library and Houston Memorial Library and Museum. Each hopes to provide materials to meet their residents' educational and personal needs, as well as stimulate reading and learning interests in young children.
What to Do in Harvest
Whether you've been looking to improve your gardening and farming skills or walk classic trails rich with American heritage, Harvest is a lovely rural town for families to settle down in.