Find Your Next House for Rent in Hazel Green, AL
Found roughly 15 miles from downtown Huntsville, the community of Hazel Green has homes for rent that families will love. With three schools for its residents' children and avenues to attractions around Madison County, this town has many amenities that can appeal to parents and children of all ages.
Interesting Facts About Hazel Green and Madison County
- Hazel Green was named by President Andrew Jackson for the vibrant hazel bushes that lined the roads in the early 19th century.
- Being a small suburb of Huntsville, the town enjoys strong connections to the attractions offered in the nearby northern city of Alabama. As a part of the fourth-largest city of Alabama, residents can visit "Rocket City" and learn about its history with U.S. space missions.
- Parents looking to entertain their children can have them participate in the Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt. There are 12 special bronze ducks hidden in important places around Huntsville, and winners receive a prize at the Visitor Center.
Resources for Hazel Green Renters
- People new to the area can visit the town's website to learn more about the history and makeup of Hazel Green.
- The Madison County School System runs the town's three schools: Hazel Green Elementary School, Meridianville Middle School and Hazel Green High School.
Cummings Research Park, located in Huntsville, is the second-largest technology park in the U.S. and the fourth-largest in the world. Visitors can learn more about the innovations developed by the various companies that specialize in U.S. space and defense, as well as local high-tech enterprises.
Things to Do in Hazel Green
Rich in agriculture and American history, residents of Hazel Green can reap the benefits of nearby Huntsville and other Madison County attractions.