Search Perfect Houses for Rent in La Selva Beach, CA
La Selva Beach is a census-designated community in California's Santa Cruz County. It's located in Aptos, near Watsonville and Santa Cruz. Homes for rent offer lovely views, access to modern amenities and great schools, as well as plenty of nearby attractions and activities.
Historical Facts About Santa Cruz County
- The oldest known settlement in the area was in Scotts Valley. Research suggests that people lived there around 12,000 years ago, which is before Egypt's pyramids were built.
- In 1769, men in the Portola Expedition were the first non-natives to travel Santa Cruz County's coast. They explored the land and named streams and rivers as they went.
- Many Americans were attracted to the area in the late 1840s, mainly because of the Gold Rush and the addition of California as a state. When the railroad system was laid out, tourism was made possible in the area.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Santa Cruz's website is a great resource for those who are looking to familiarize themselves with the city and its surrounding communities. It has pages for nearby cities and towns, as well as general information about upcoming events, government details and online services that may benefit renters who live in La Selva Beach.
- The Aptos Chamber of Commerce's site can help new residents learn more about what's going on around La Selva Beach. It also has a rundown of the local businesses that renters may come to frequent during their time spent in the community.
- Santa Cruz County has a site that details everything a new renter needs to know about life in the county. News and announcements, event calendars, maps, job resources and department contact information are just some of the things you'll find there.