55 Houses for Rent in New London, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
New London House Options
Explore Houses for Rent in New London, CT
New London is a seaside city on the Atlantic coast of Connecticut. Located nearby Norwich and Colchester, New London is almost equidistant from the major metropolitan hubs of New York City and Boston. New London is a city rich with history: Once a thriving whaling port, both downtown and residential areas boast traditional 19th century New England architecture in their homes for rent. The city also hosts several colleges, private schools and the U.S. Coast Guard Academy - another sign of its roots as an historic seaport town.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- For lovers of food, fun and the arts, the New London Waterfront District's website provides information about restaurants, shopping and more. The Lyman Allyn Art Museum in the area hosts regular lectures on various topics, and outdoor yoga events and seaside pub trivia nights are put on for the sociable residents.
- If residents need a pothole fixed or a downed wire repaired, the New London municipal website offers residents the ability to write a Citizens' Service Request using an online portal.
- The Day, New London's own newspaper, keeps residents current on breaking and developing stories around town, as well as various cultural events throughout the city.
Historical Facts About New London
- The prestigious Williams School, a coeducational independent high school that opened in 1891, offers New London teenagers unparalleled educational opportunities.
- In the early 19th century, New London was the world's third busiest whaling port, just behind New Bedford, Mass., and Nantucket Island.
- New London was the site of several battles during the Revolutionary War. Most notably, the infamous Benedict Arnold nearly razed the city in the Battle of Groton Heights.
What to Do in New London
Perfectly situated between Boston and New York, as well as the past and present, New London offers history and a vibrant cultural life.