160 Houses for Rent in Colchester, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Colchester House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Explore Houses for Rent in Colchester, CT
Just a few miles north of the Long Island Sound, Colchester is in close proximity to Hartford and Marlborough. Homes for rent in Colchester may be attractive to renters, thanks to their proximity to the urban attractions of Hartford and the waterside amenities of the nearby sound.
Interesting Colchester Historical Facts
- A number of industrial enterprises sprang up in Colchester between 1819 and 1893, including a canning company, a creamery, a woolen mill, a wheel and carriage factory, three tanneries and a paper mill.
- In 1698, Colchester was established on land that the Sachem of the Mohegan Indians sold to Nathaniel Foote. The town shares its name with the hometown of Foote's grandfather, who hailed from an eponymous locale in England.
- The early settlers of Colchester participated in a church parish of the same name after the General Court of the Colony of Connecticut gave its approval in 1703.
Practical Colchester Tools
- The website of the Colchester Business Association hosts pages about the local community, events and membership in the organization.
- Renters can find information about area commerce, government departments and boards & commissions at the Town of Colchester municipal website.
- The Colchester Public Schools website offers academic resources for parents with children in grades K-12.
Things to Do Near Colchester
Day Pond State Park, on the western side of town, is centered around a picturesque pond and allows a selection of activities. For instance, renters can hike, swim, picnic or fish in the park. A variety of attractions are also available in Hartford, such as the Connecticut Science Center. The center is home to the Sight and Sound, Sports Lab and Planet Earth exhibits, making it an alluring option for a day with the kids. For a taste of Hartford dining, renters can check out Salute, which serves diverse fare from Italian-style ravioli to Japanese-style sushi.