Find Houses for Rent in Norwich, CT
Norwich is a historic and well-known city in Connecticut. Surrounded by the Yantic, Shetucket and Quinebaug rivers, Norwich sits on a virtual peninsula. These three rivers form the Thames River just south of town, which flows to nearby New London and Groton. Norwich is a large residential city with sprawling neighborhoods and a riverfront downtown area where families can shop, get lunch and attend community activities. People looking at homes for rent in Norwich will enjoy the variety of parks and recreational facilities, like Brown Memorial Park, Memorial Rose Gardens and North End Field.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- There's no shortage of things to do in Norwich. Families can check out the Slatt Memorial Museum at Norwich Free Academy for ancient sculptures and American paintings. Another museum in the city is the Leffingwell House Museum, which features plenty of historical information about Colonial Connecticut.
- Families can catch a Connecticut Tiger game at Senator Thomas J. Dodd Memorial Stadium in Norwich. The game will have all the fun of baseball without the expensive cost of New York City or Boston.
- Norwich was founded in 1659 after land was purchased from a Mohegan tribe. Because of the rivers, Norwich had powerful industrial and shipping sectors during the Revolutionary and Civil wars that helped both efforts.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children in the city usually attend the Norwich Public Schools. The board operates 13 schools including an early childcare center.
- Norwich has its own newspaper, The Bulletin, to help residents get a local perspective on national news as well as reports on nearby events and sports.
- Norwich has a website that lists local meetings, news as well as hundreds of useful links residents will appreciate having handy.
Live in Norwich
Norwich has the small-town, pretty New-England qualities that many homeowners look for, but the city also has great services, unique attractions and a convenient location.